Monday, December 18, 2006

2007 Winston-Salem Winter Swiss

Winston-Salem Winter Swiss 1

Date: February 3, 2006

Location:

  • Panera Bread
  • 2209 Cloverdale Ave.
  • Winston-Salem, NC 27103

Registration: 12:30-1:15p.m.

Three rounds: G/60: 2p.m., 4:15p.m. and 6:30p.m.

Cost: $20 entry fee

Prize: First 40 dollars of entry pot to the club to pay for costs. The remaining entry pot: 65% for first place; 35% for second place.

Sections: If less than 12 people open swiss. If 12 or more, then two sections: (1) open, and (2) reserved.

US Chess (about $50 per year) and NC Chess membership ($5 per year) required. Players can join at site.

Information also available at: http://ncchess.org/tournaments/winston.htm

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. I'm interested in joining the winston-salem chess club, and look foward to increased tournaments in the winston-salem area. My email is ztwebb@yahoo.com. Let me know when you meet, where you meet, if there is anything I need to do, etc. Thanks.

Zach

11:00 AM  
Blogger ChessPlayer said...

Hi Zach,

Great to hear from you! We meet officially at 6p.m. to 11 p.m. at
Borders in Winston-Salem. Most people do not arrive until around 7 or
8p.m. We have a nice variety of players from beginner (people who are
rated lower than 600 USCF and others who are just learning how to move
the pieces) to advanced (one player is a multi-repeat North Carolina
State Champion). We also have a healthy mix of players like myself
who are somewhere in the middle!

On the website to the right are mapquest directions. I do hope to see
you there. This week I won't be able to make it until around 10:15.

I hope that I have answered your questions and I do hope that you are
able to make it to the club, which meets at Borders in Winston Salem.
We are planning to host a tournament this February 3rd, and look
forward to hosting at least three a year. I do hope that you might be
able to participate in the February Swiss

All the best, Charlie

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks very much. I plan on coming next Thursday, and will definitely participate in the February Swiss.

Zach

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home